The Population Institute does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other grounds prohibited by law.
For more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Position
The Population Institute, a non-profit based in Washington, D.C., and its Vermont-based parent organization, Population Media Center, are seeking support from a grant-writing/fundraising consultant who can assist in the preparation of grant proposals and the identification and cultivation of foundation and major donors. The Population Institute is a nonprofit focusing on public education and advocacy, while Population Media Center uses entertainment media, principally social content soap operas, to promote family planning and women’s empowerment in more than 50 countries. Both organizations seek to achieve a world population that can live in harmony with the planet.
It is anticipated that this will require an average of 20-40 hours a month.
- Work with the president and program managers at the Population Institute to prepare foundation proposals for public education and advocacy-related activities;
- Collaborate with the development director and program managers at Population Media Center to identify potential sources of general support, including foundations and major donors;
- Assist in the preparation of interim and final reports to foundations and donor agencies;
- Help to prepare and disseminate materials for distribution to foundations and other potential funders; and
- Track and monitor new and existing grants.
- 5+ years of proven experience in grant-writing and fundraising in the non-profit world, including the preparation of proposals and reports for major foundations and/or international donor agencies;
- Proficiency in using Excel;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Insightful, with an ability to manage relationships, both internally and externally;
- High energy level, commitment to excellence and a diligent work ethic;
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills;
- Flexibility and resilience;
- Ability to work, as needed, out of the Washington offices of the Population Institute, and the ability to participate by Skype in phone calls with Population Media Center and/or foundations and donor agencies; and
- An understanding of, and dedication to, the missions of the Population Institute and Population Media Center.
- Familiarity with issues related to family planning and reproductive health preferred, but not required.
How to apply
Please send resume and one-page letter of interest to email@example.com Please include the position title [“Grants Consultant”] in the subject line of the email.